29 Jul Filipino Recipes – Longsilog Recipe (Breakfast) – Pinoy Food
Silogs, popular term for sinangag (fried rice) and itlog (egg), are certainly every Pinoy’s favorite morning meal. Because of its popularity, you can even consider it the national breakfast of the Philippines, if there is such a thing.
These early morning delights come in several combinations with tapsilog (with tapa), tocilog (with tocino) and longsilog (with longanisa or Filipino sausage) topping the list. There are still many variations of silogs like cornsilog (with corned beef), chiksilog (with chicken), chosilog (with adobo), dangsilog (with danggit or rabbitfish), bangsilog (with bangus or milkfish), hotsilog (with hotdog) and many more.
But for this recipe, we are going to prepare a combination of longanisa or the famous Pinoy sausage, sinangag or the savory garlic fried rice and eggs. Yummy! My mouth is already watering just thinking of it.
- 5 links of longanisa sausage
- 3 eggs
- 4 cups of left over rice from the previous night
- 1 cup of water for cooking longanisa
- ¼ tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- oil for frying
- ½ tbsp salt
- ¼ tbsp MSG
- To cook the longanisa sausage, place the longanisa in a frying pan together with the water and place under medium heat until it comes to a boil. Allow the water to evaporate totally until oil starts to ooze from the sausage links. To cook evenly, constantly roll the sausage links and fry for about 5 minutes.
- For the eggs, beat two eggs like the way you prepare an omelet. Add a pinch of salt to taste then cook in a frying pan. Take out from the pan then set aside. Get another egg and for the sunny side up. Cook using the same pan. Take out when done and set aside.
- For the garlic fried rice, break the rice up especially the big chunks and set aside. Put oil in a heated pan and cook the garlic until the color turns golden brown and the aroma is wafting in the air. Add the rice and stir for about 1 minute. Add the MSG, salt and pepper for added flavor. Cook for another 5 minutes stirring constantly to prevent the rice from scorching.
- Arrange the fried rice, longanisa and eggs in a serving plate and serve while hot.