24 Jul How to Make the Best Marinated Grilled Shrimp
If you want to make the best Marinated Grilled Shrimp, here are some easy tips to follow.
Many people ask the question, “How do I marinade shrimp?”
It’s quite simple really. You need to first find a recipe for a Grilled Shrimp Marinade. There are so many recipes available. You just need to find the best marinated grilled shrimp recipes to suit your taste.
Although many recipes are specified for marinated grilled shrimp, you can use any Shrimp Marinade recipe and grill it, pan-fry it, or bake it. Just because the recipes call for grilling the shrimp you don’t always have to follow that. You can use en electric indoor grill like the George Forman or bake the marinated shrimp in the oven. Pan-frying the marinated shrimp is another option. Especially on rainy days!
Easy Steps For the Best Marinated Grilled Shrimp
1. Purchase Raw fresh or Frozen Shrimp. For grilling purposes, I recommend Large or Extra-Large Shrimp. It is best not to buy pre-cooked shrimp because you are going to be cooking it again on the grill. Raw shrimp takes only minutes to cook. For the best results, and too avoid chewy shrimp, always start with Raw Shrimp.
2. Clean and Devein Shrimp – this is assuming you bought shrimp in the shell. (If you bought shelled-deveined shrimp, skip this step.) Under cold running water, remove outer shell and legs. Leave tail in tact. Make a small slice along the center back of the shrimp and with the tip of your knife, gently remove the black vein. Rinse shrimp and set into clean bowl. Repeat until all shrimp are done.
3. Drain any excess water from bowl of cleaned shrimp. Pat dry with paper towels to soak up any excess water remaining on shrimp.
4. Cover and refrigerate shrimp until ready to marinade
5. Choose your favorite Marinated Grilled Shrimp Recipe
6. Prepare Shrimp Marinade ingredients according to recipe
7. Remove shrimp from fridge, uncover, pour marinade over shrimp and stir shrimp to coat completely. Recover tightly and return to fridge.
8. Marinade approx. 1 hour or follow recipe instructions for best results.
9. When marinade time is almost complete, pre-heat grill to a medium – high heat.
10. Skewer shrimp or place in grilling basket, grill according to recipes instructions and enjoy the Best Marinated Grilled Shrimp ever!
Here are a few simple Marinades for Grilled Shrimp:
1/4 c. olive oil
1/4 c. dry white wine
1 tbsp. minced dry onion
1/2 tsp. dried basil (1 tsp. if fresh)
1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
1/4 tsp. pepper
Place 1 pound raw shelled shrimp in re-closable plastic bag or container with tight lid, add marinade. Close, refrigerate 2-4 hours. Drain marinade. Thread shrimp onto pre-soaked skewers. Grill over hot coals 6-10 minutes. Brush often with reserved marinade.
1 c. dry white wine
1 c. olive oil
1/2 tsp. chopped basil
1 tbsp. coarse black pepper
1/2 tsp. cajun spice (optional)
1 lb lg. raw shrimp, peeled, deveined (leave on tails)
Thin lemon slices
Mix marinade in shallow bowl, add shrimp, cover, refrigerate for at least 3 hours, turning occasionally. Set grill on high heat. Skewer shrimp and lemon slices on bamboo skewers, alternating each. Grill until shrimp just become opaque. Baste occasionally with leftover marinade. Grill approx.
3 minutes per side.
If you want really fast and easy shrimp marinade, purchase a bottle of pre-made seafood marinade. My favorites are Lawry’s Tequila Lime or Caribbean Jerk. You can find them at your local grocery store. Marinade the raw shrimp for approx. 1 hour before grilling.